23 Feb 2012

Welcome guest blogger Jo.



Name:  Jo

Age: 19

Location: California

When did you realize you wanted to be a published author?
I have always loved storybooks when I was a little kid, and, inspired by these magical objects, I decided to write my own books and illustrate them. When I found out that there was an occupation called an author, I thought, "That's what I'm going to do one day!"

Name 5 authors and 5 books.
Authors: JK Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Mary Wolstonecraft Shelley, Catherynne M. Valente, Lemony Snicket
Books: Frankenstein by Mary Wolstonecraft Shelley, A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb, Faust by Goethe, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind, Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Anywhere and everywhere! I think sources of inspiration are rather unpredictable. 

What do you think is the best quality a writer can have?
Willingness to grow.

Any last words?
If I had to guest star on any TV show, it would be Arthur, the animated show based on the books by Marc Brown, because it's one of the reasons why I'm such a bookworm. I would also love to see how the animators would animate me and have me interact with the characters on the show.

Challenge: Why do you think the world needs fantasy right now?
Fantasy--it is a word that breathes snowflakes into evergreen forests, a word that paints ships upon never-ending seas, a word that renders ink into scintillating swirls of silk from a maiden's gown. In a universe where there are uninviting mountains of jadedness, corruption, and betrayal, fantasy is the key to a door where peace awaits. Even if the escape only lasts in short intervals, imagination and a youthful heart can keep one afloat in an ocean of cruel reality.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so honored to be a guest blogger for you! Thanks so much for letting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a willingness to grow" I absolutely agree! Best of luck to you, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on the Arthur books! Glad to see how they've inspired you.
    Best,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what YOU think.