17 Apr 2012

A - Z Writing Challenge: P


The letter for today is: P, where I feature perseverance and pear.

Nobody's life runs smoothly. Even with the best will in the world you can't change everything around you. Perseverance will give the momentum to carry on with the plans we've already set in motion, no matter what the hindrance.
I often ponder the meaning of life—or the way life works. We can never really know. But thoughts give comfort, and guide me through the pain of sorrow and loss.
Here's what I postulate:
Perhaps we set trials for ourselves to overcome before we're born. With literal oversight from heaven, we would know how we need to grow and change as individuals on our learning experience towards our highest goals. Life itself could be the trial on the trail.
I only know we need to persevere when an obstacle blocks our path. The natural reflex is to go around whatever it is and carry on as if nothing happened. If we take such a course of action, we're missing a great opportunity.
Say a tree of knowledge grows in our way and pears hang from the branches. Tired, we pause and eat the delicious fruit. During our break, ideas come, and perhaps a change of direction, before we continue on our journey sustained.

15 comments:

  1. Funny you should post this. Yesterday, during a spiritual guidance session, I was told all the crap I've been through is a gift for me to some how lace in the stories I write to help and heal others, even though I write fiction.

    And thank you for your kind comment and for stopping by my blog.

    Shelly
    http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

    Following yours now to. Like your content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pause to consider how your postulation has taken me down my path.

    (Peter Piper picked a peck...)

    Thank you, no peaches!

    http://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying hard to instill this in my children. My son, who's 7, is getting into this habit of wanting to quit something as soon as it gets too hard. It's driving me crazy! Perseverance... it's a life skill we all need.

    ~Lynn
    http://www.acommonsea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah. Perseverance - a skill many teenagers need to learn at school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pears. And I wish I had more perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!

    I do think that perseverance is a great life skill to have. Most people do give up too easily but I think that if more people were aware that this is a normal part of the stages of learning and with a bit of perseverance they would get through the difficult stage, they may not give up so readily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post! I'm inthe midst of perseverence...plugging forward! I tend to wonder what part of the big picture is this?... when an obstacle tries to block the path!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true; it's funny how plans so often go out of the window. But the universe tends to bring something even better along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perseverance demonstrates a person's character. Instead of running in to rescue my children from their struggles, I try to give them the tools they need to get through tough times. The discomfort now will result in rewards later.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good one! I like what you've written ,it's very true. My post is P is for Prims Piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easy to see how this struck a cord with so many of us. Thank you for this post, and for visiting my blog. As a writer I take the word Perseverance very much to heart and am often frustrated by my lack of "motivation." But I do keep on and eventually get somewhere. Just wish I could get where I want to go sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous post - I like your take on these obstacles - it's kind of perseverance, pears and patients!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the importance of persevering! And thanks for popping by my blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely P post. Inspiration from pears, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what YOU think.