18 Nov 2012

Life affects our mood.




What - NOT - to do when you're having a bad day.
Here's the thing—don't take it out on your closest friend. I did this with my husband and live to regret it. He reacted. I spoiled a perfectly good day.
How to AVOID venting your frustration?
Zip up your mouth? No good. The poison would only fester inside. When enough built up, the spleen would pour forth like flood tide on the Nile. Never forget that anger is a natural human emotion. It just needs to be handled correctly.
What SHOULD you do?
I guess you should rationalize. Tell yourself things will improve. Or: remind yourself you'll forget whatever upset you when something new comes along to brighten your day. Allow yourself to have a quiet moment or day. Not every second of your life can be filled with joy. There are times when we need to grieve, to work out problems, to ponder over man's inhumanity to fellow human beings. Try as we might, we can't change things beyond out control.

picture from: mentalhealthy.co.uk.

6 comments:

  1. Wise words. See if it works next time I think I'm going to explode :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens. How we deal with the aftermath of our upsets and arguments shows how much we care for that person. Besides, anger isn't good for our health. Try putting it in a story, transfer it to the page. See if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days, I have to make a list of the things that are going right. Sometimes, that's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go for an extra long ride home. Turn the radio up and sing until I feel better or until my voice goes and I can't talk to anyone. Either way, I let it out... and wake up in a better mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! The worst thing you can do is take it out on somebody else. I actually evaluate why I am so upset and angry. Usually the underlying reason, for me, will have more to do with hurt and sadness than anything else. A lot of times crying will release the fury.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bummer for your husband. Hope all is back well again and civil. It can be tough - maybe best to go scribble in a notebook - vent that way instead of verbally. Then tear it out and shred, so all of the evil goes away. Here's to much better days for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what YOU think.