15 Apr 2013

A - Z Challenge - M



Mentha aquatic. Manipulative.

This water-loving mint grows on wet marshes, fend and woodlands. The peppermint-scented plant bears tiny purplish-blue flowers, crowded into whorled spherical heads. The water mint may be used in herb medicine in the preparation of peppermint tea and used to alleviate coughs, colds and flu.

Wolves in sheep's clothing, or manipulators, turn your words against you. If you say, "I'm really annoyed that you forgot to repay that debt," they will say, "Fancy thinking I'd forget. I should have told you about the worries I have at the moment. I didn't want to trouble you." You know they're really not sorry at all, but trying to gain your sympathy. Trust the little voice inside that tells you they're being manipulative. If you give in, they'll continue. Instead, drink Mentha peppermint tea to alleviate the symptoms, and retain your positive outlook.


Proverb: Man does not live by bread alone.

21 comments:

  1. Love that mint variety. Our mint all died last year. Time to replace it. Being manipulated is a common problem in failing marriages. Not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine dies off every winter. Renowes itself again in spring. The same can't be said for marriage. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Mentha peppermint tea sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any mind tea helps digestion. I have two cups every evening after my meal. Not the wild one though.

      Delete
  3. I've never grown this plant, but I do grow peppermint and I love it picked fresh and in tea.

    Thanks for stopping in at The Write Game to say hi! Good luck on your AtoZ Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dleicious mint tea. This variety is the wild one. I've never tamed it. hehe.

      Delete
  4. I love mint but for some reason they don't love me - any mint plant I buy dies away :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint loves very damp conditions. Maybe yours dries out.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love anything with peppermint flavor. My favorite is a hot, steamy cup of peppermint tea to calm my tummy or anxiety! Greta post! Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Pepermint is the best for calming a tummy.

      Delete
  6. Good point about manipulative. It's one of the traits I like the least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from A to Z!

    For some reason, I'd always imagined mint plants to look like the green leaves that I pick up at the supermarket. I didn't know they could also look like this! Imagine them putting one of these babies on my plate next to my chocolate cake the next time I go to a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the wild plant, which could be the forebear of our cultivated mint.

      Delete
  8. Peppermint tea is my favorite. I drink several cups a day. In my former house I had it growing everywhere. It's shady and damp here, I think I'll plant some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideal conditions, but watch out. It will spread.

      Delete
  9. I wish we had this flower here, I'd love to try it in a tea.

    Have fun with a-z. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy dried perpemint tea bags in England.

      Delete
  10. I think I had some of these by the small pond in my back yard but they have since died. Unfortunate as now all I have is a bare pond

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Francene .. love Mentha .. these are such great informative posts ... Manipulation is a bit of both isn't it .. sometimes manipulative ideas can change things for the better ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what YOU think.